Friday 25 October 2013

Quickie Files: OPI Christmas Sets!

I popped into David Jones Queens Plaza (Brisbane CBD) yesterday and I noticed some new OPI Christmas sets - there are actually heaps, but here are the ones that caught my eye (and in one case, my money!)...



Mariah Carey White Gold & Silver flakie top coat ($39.95): I have the yellow gold version of this flakie top coat and it's gorgeous plus has excellent staying power, this version contains real white gold and silver flakies and I am very tempted!


There are 3 Mariah Carey trio sets - 2 mini and 1 full size. The two mini sets each contain 3 Liquid Sand polishes and cost $17.95, the full size trio is $39.95 and contains a blingy champagne glitter called My Favourite Ornament, a very deep vampy red shade called Vision of Love, and a cloudy sheer top coat with large silver holo sequin glitter called I Snow You Love Me.

The minis:


The full size trio:
Apparently there will also be a pack of 4 mini polishes for $24.95, but this was not in stock as yet.

Pack the Essentials ($79.95) is a gorgeous set with five full sized polishes - My Favourite Ornament (the champagne from the Mariah Carey set above), Bubble Bath, Tickle My France-y, Lincoln Park After Dark, and Big Apple Red - along with a full sized Start to Finish base/top coat and a cosmetics bag: This would be a lovely gift for someone just starting out with nail polish or OPI, as most of us probably have a few of these shades!



Sweet on my Beau ($29.95, full size Alpine Snow and Sweet Heart with cosmetics purse):



Top This: 3 full size top coats: one plain, one matte, and one glitter topcoat, a stunning silver/rainbow holo called Snowflakes in the Air:




Take Ten (39.95) is excellent value, a set of ten minis containing some of my favourite shades - Pirouette My Whistle, Alpine Snow, Bubble Bath, Tickle My France-y, You Don’t Know Jacques!, Cajun Shrimp, Big Apple Red, German-icure by OPI, Malaga Wine and Lincoln Park After Dark.


Fit to be Tied ($29.95, 3 different variations, includes 2 full sized polishes and 3 glitter hair ties): 

 - Duo 1: Mariah Carey Holiday Liquid Sand shades It’s Frosty Outside and Emotions 

- Duo 2: The Thrill of Brazil and Black Cherry Chutney

- duo 3: Russian Navy and Polka.com, this is the one I bought - NOTD to come :)

So what do you think? Are any of these on your Christmas wish list?





3 comments:

  1. They are all on my wish list now.. Thanks, Christmas is going to be expensive this year! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great sets! The challenging part is - which ones to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't buy many polishes but the Take Ten set looks like one I would choose. OPI is my favourite polish. Thanks for showcasing them all. x

    ReplyDelete