Tuesday 1 October 2013

NOTD: Illamasqua Facet

Illamasqua Facet is a new release polish from their Sacred Hour collection. It is described as a "grey crystal", but I would call it a deep taupe (cool-toned brownish grey) base, with fine gold and copper shimmer throughout.


Facet is a stunning lovely fall/winter shade, it reminds me of brown velvet, but to be honest I found it a bit muddy and dark for spring, especially after just having a bright pink on my nails for the past few days. Obviously it's a fall collection in the UK where Illamasqua originates, so it's my fault for living on the wrong side of the world!
I can see myself wearing Facets constantly in the cooler months, it's quite unique and, like all Illamasqua polishes, it's very creamy and easy to work with. Two thin coats was plenty for opacity, dry time was excellent. The gold/copper shimmer catches the light like crazy, and the polish sets to a high gloss without top coat. I don't use top coat to photograph nail swatches, I prefer to photograph the polish as is.

Excuse my poor little nail nubbins, I picked them to bits when I flew to Melbourne and I trimmed them right down to let them recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment