Monday 4 November 2013

TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude palette!




I was recently lucky enough to take advantage of a sale at David Jones and pick up TWO theBalm palettes - the Balm Voyage holiday palette, and Meet Matt(e) Nude!

I will review the Balm Voyage palette shortly, but I was super excited to get my hands on Matt(e) so of course I played with him first! So how did he...um...perform?

Meet Matt(e) contains nine matte nude shades, with a good mix of cool and warm undertones. The palette has a big mirror, and a magnetic closure.


Swatches in natural light - this was one firm swipe of each colour, no cheating ;-)

The white really surprised me, it's the best matte white I own, better even than Sugarpill Tako which has been my holy grail for ages!

These are some indoor swatches I took in our yellowish halogen lighting, I thought I may as well include them as they're pretty true to colour and they show how smoothly the shadows apply.

And here is a quick look using Matt Malloy (white) in the inner corner and blended over the lid, Matt Abdul (3rd from the right in the pic above) over the lid, and Matt Johnson (first on the left) in the crease and outer corner, and lining the bottom lashline:

I love this palette! I think it is better quality than theBalm's Nude 'Tude palette, which I had and swapped away because the pigmentation of the lightest shades wasn't strong enough for me, and some of the darker shades were a little patchy. The shadows in this palette are all excellent quality, and if you're tossing up between Meet Matt(e) Nude, and Nude 'Tude, I would highly recommend that you choose Meet Matt(e)!

10 comments:

  1. Yey!! So glad you love it as much as I do Krissy. It's an amazing palette hey!
    Love your EOTD using it too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your review Gemma, you should have linked it here so people can compare swatches! I will do it for you :)
      http://ladysapphireblog.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/thebalm-meet-matte-nude-palette-review.html

      Delete
    2. Oh Krissy thank you so much but you didn't have to do that!!
      I'll do the same for you xx

      Delete
  2. Be U Tee ful....thats what i think when I see the looks you come up with...eyes are amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawww you're too lovely - I see more wrinkles every time I take a photo, lol, they're coming thick and fast now, but what can we do? :)

      Delete
  3. Ohh la la what a gorgeous palette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This palette looks gorgeous! I like the pigmentation and I love the look you created with it, as Fawn said, you have gorgeous eyes!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this review. I am now very tempted but will have to wait a while as I have spent far too much on beauty in the past few months. Don't we all? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still loving this palette!!
    I want to let you know I've nominated you for an inspired blog award. Keep up the gorgeous blog work hun xx
    http://ladysapphireblog.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/the-inspired-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog, I recently purchased balm voyage, Nude palette also looks amazing.
    I have added you in my circle :)
    http://australianbeautyonbudget.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete