Saturday 31 August 2013

Quickie files: Tony Moly Korean cosmetics!

Holy Moly! Cat-shaped cosmetics under $10?

 asdfasjdfgjkldkjfasbgdhdhjk!!!!!


First, who is Tony Moly? I want to find him and give him a big hug! Sadly there's nobody to hug (except of course my darling friend Sassylily who introduced me to the brand). Tony Moly is the mixture of the words “Tony” which means nice and trendy, and “Moly” which means included or employed in Japanese.So I would guess by that explanation, their target market is young, successful urban people. The packaging, however, screams KAWAAAIIIIIII!!!

How cute is this stuff?!? 
Above, from left to right we have Cat's Wink translucent powder, Cat Chu Wink lipstick, Cats Wink mascara, Bunny Gloss Bar lip balm, and Pocket Bunny Sleek Mist.

Clockwise from top left:
Cats Wink Clear Pact shade #1 Clear Skin
Cats Wink Mascara #01 Volume & Longlash
Cat Chu Wink lipstick shade #6, a coral pink, & Bunny Gloss Bar in #05 Juicy Peach
Swatches of the lipstick, left, and gloss bar, 3 swipes vs 1 swipe
 I also have a Tangerine hand cream that was in my bag so I forgot to include it in the "lineup" shot:

Tangerine Whitening Hand Cream - squeeee!

I adore the packaging but wasn't expecting much in the way of product quality. I have been pleasantly surprised, however! A quick summary:

Cats Wink pressed powder: This in particular is one of the nicest "cheap" brands of powder I've used. There are two shades, #1 Clear Skin, a cool-toned porcelain, and #2 Clear Beige, a darker buff colour with a warmer undertone. It's similar to another budget favourite of mine, Maybelline Dream Matte powder. Both have a soft, velvety feel and finely-milled texture, but one has a pussycat face on the packaging. No prizes for guessing which one I'll be repurchasing!

Cats Wink Mascara: I love this mascara for everyday, because it's easy! It doesn't clump my eyelashes together or require a lot of brush work. I have quite small eyes and pathetic little eyelashes. The narrow wand of this mascara is perfect for getting every lash. It wears well, doesn't smudge or flake. It's not Diorshow by any means, but it gives my lashes colour, lift and definition. I'm wearing it here just on the top lashes. Excuse the photo quality, I'm working with an iPhone 4 and I do my best!
 
Cat Chu Wink lipstick: No taste or scent, comfortable, pigmented and shiny, with a moist, lightweight feel. These are nothing super special but they're good quality, I was expecting strong lipstick scent, greasy feel, uneven application and wear, and instead it's lovely!

Bunny Gloss Bar lip balm: how can you not love these? I want them in every colour! They remind me of the Clinique Chubby Sticks, with the same slippery, moisturising texture and light wash of colour.

Pocket Bunny Sleek Mist facial spray: the "Sleek" version is an oil-reducing formula that is meant to prevent shine through the day. I don't have a huge problem with shine but I do think this helps to keep my makeup set and last a bit longer. I just love how refreshing it feels, and the adorable packaging! It's a little bulky to be a "Pocket Bunny" - not without getting some funny looks anyway - but who cares? I can see this being used constantly over summer. It's a bit like Evian spray, it doesn't feel like much but it's just so nice to use :) I will try the other formula (Moist) next time.

Tangerine Whitening hand cream: I haven't seen any whitening results with this yet, but I am pretty darn white already! I love the zesty scent of this hand cream, and although the packaging is a bit bulky for 30ml of product, it's not heavy at all, and I can always find it in the dark depths of my handbag, so that makes it a winner! It's not super heavy and emollient, but with its light, whipped texture it absorbs fast and doesn't leave any greasy residue, so it's perfect for daily use.

Overall these are great quality for the price, and a fun way to pretty up your cosmetics collection. Teens will adore them and so will anyone else who needs their daily dose of squee! Tony Moly cosmetics can be bought on eBay, I got mine from seller rubyruby76 on the recommendation of my friend, and I was very happy, she included Lioele, Skin79 and Tony Moly sample sachets with my order too!

I'm off to Maleny tomorrow for a week's holiday with no internet access for the most part, so I will see you all when I get back! Here's some kitten photos, because I couldn't do a whole post about cat cosmetics without including a few real kitties :)

Our bed last December :)

 My son with a kitten on his head...


And same kitten enjoying some milk :)

 Baby girl wasn't too fond of the camera...

But she loved having her bottle!

12 comments:

  1. I have been doing some serious resisting because I have too much products lying around! These kawaii tony moly products are all over morning glory and they've been screaming " BUY ME!!!!" >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hand cream looks super cute! Adorable kitties too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so cute!! I love cats/kittens!!! How adorable! So hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg the kittens are so cute!

    I have the same Tony Moly lipstick and I love it! It's so moisturising :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy September, Kris - so pleased you are having a break in the wonderful Glasshouse Mountains area, one of my favourite places on earth. LOVE the packaging AND the real kittens. Perfect.
    Wishing you a beauty filled, inspiring Spring and September. With love,
    Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! One of the girls I work loves Tony Moly! It's so hard to get it here and sasa doesn't stock everything. I been really wanting to buy their stuff for the ultra cute packaging!! Enjoy your holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cute lil baby kitty!!!!!

    Tony Moly stuff is good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cat-shaped cosmetics are really cute! So are the kittens!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cuteness overload..love it! Don't know how I haven't heard of this brand before, thanks for the introduction :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your well deserved break, so happy that you love Tony Moly, my new addiction is Bomb Cosmetics I do love a good bath with a great Bomb added.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there beautiful,
    i hope you enjoyed your break and have returned nice and fresh :)
    How cute are these products!!

    I've tagged you in a 'get to know me tag' hun x
    ladysapphireblog.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/get-to-know-me-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to get a gloss from them, but I think it's a bit too sheer for me now. I love Korean brands, great haul!

    ReplyDelete