Friday 9 August 2013

David Jones Deluxe Sampler Tote

Hi everyone! This is just a little quick post about the David Jones Deluxe Sampler Tote, available at the moment at David Jones stores - it was available online but I had heard a rumour that it had sold out :(
 It is well worth making the trek to your nearest store though, it costs $19.95 with ANY beauty purchase - yep a $5 lip balm counts - and it's full of all kinds of goodies. There is a choice of two types, with a few product variations, and the goodie bag is clear so you can snoop through them all and pick the nail polish colour you want!





The tote itself is smaller than average, but it has one of those little black plastic rectangle inserts to make the bottom flat, and an inside zipped compartment for small items. It will hold plenty and it has nice long handles so you can toss it over your shoulder for hands-free shopping.

 Peekaboo Katie Holmes!


And a close-up of the bag and contents list.

Every bag contains:
  • David Jones Beauty Cleanser and Day Cream 30ml
  • Sk-II Facial treatment Essence 30ml
  • Molton Brown Bath & Shower Gel 30ml
  • Elixia body lotion 20ml
  • Roger & Gallet soap 25g
  • OPI nail lacquer mini 3.75ml (hint: if you want to know the colour, google the code stamped on the bottom of the bottle, mine is NLM46, Get your Number, it's a bit hard to see with darker colours but look closely and you'll get it. It should be 3 letters, first two are usually NL, for nail lacquer presumably, and two numbers).

There are then two variations.
Option one contains:
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter full size (I think the colour is Cherry Tart)
  • Batiste dry shampoo 50ml
  • L'Occitane shea butter hand cream 10ml tube
  • Burts Bees Intense Hydration cream cleanser 20g


I chose option two on the right of the card, which includes:
  • Dermalogica Pre-cleanse 30ml
  • Circa Home Vanilla Bean & Allspice candle 60g
  • Billie Goat Soap lip balm 15ml (peach flavour, smells like my fave Lipton Peach Iced Tea!)
  • Burts Bees Intense Hydration day lotion 7g (cute little jar)

Here's what my sample bag contained (I've unboxed the soap, candle and pre-cleanse):
I scored big-time with the OPI, got Liquid Sand in "Get Your Number", it's gorgeous!


You can buy anything from the beauty section, no matter how cheap, to get the gift. I picked up a Hurraw lip balm in Vanilla, one of my favourite lip balms ever!

Happy shopping!!


No make-up brushes to chew? Pfft, you got ripped off.

20 comments:

  1. WHHHHYYYYYYY????
    Why dont I have a David Jones anywhere near me at all?? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should suck up to your friends who live near DJs...hintity hint hint ;-)

      Delete
    2. *giggles*...Well I guess I could but then part of my beauty product madness is I argue with myself and say "Do you really need these?...No..you dont"...and then I say "yeah BUT!!...." and then I have visions of the girl from Willy Wonka..."But I want it and I want it now"...LOL
      I mean come on...there is one with the Candle?...and it all looks so yummy...WHY???...Why do they torture me so??

      Delete
    3. Haha Veruca Salt, now there's a girl who knows what she wants! I burned the candle last night, seeing as it is small I put it next to my bed, it smells beautiful! Not sure if it would fill a huge room with scent, but I like it enough to now seek out the full-sized version! I love vanilla but the allspice gives it a whole new dimension :)

      Delete
  2. your kitty cat is so adorable! i dont have a DJ's near me locally, BUT iam heading to the gold coast for a few weeks and i intend to find the closest Dj's and go crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live on the Gold Coast! DJs is at Robina Town Centre, a huge shopping centre with a lot of beautiful boutique stores. Make sure you save time to pop into Max Brenners if you're a chocolate fan, they make a Chocolate Raspberry Fondant (it's basically a raspberry-enhanced chocolate souffle) that is to die for!

      Delete
    2. thanks so much for the advice! im from tassie but my sister in alw lives in melbourne, so we normally make a trip to max brenners when we go to visit her. i will have to remember to try the fondant, it sounds amazing!

      Delete
  3. These totes really are great value. Cant wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man!! I so want this Kris!
    The bag is such great value for money. Id choose the same option as you. That candle looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing, I love vanilla scents and the allspice makes it extra special :)

      Delete
  5. Gots it!!! :D I still can't figure out what nail polish it is though! I've got a pink shade, but don't have it so don't know what it is...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I play detective by googling the code on the bottom - I got a mini in the last tote with NLS86 stamped on the bottom, turns out it's Bubble Bath, a shade I've been curious about for a long time!

      Delete
  6. I bought two bags!! One for me, the one with the candle and the other one for my sister for her birthday coming up. I think they are great value and perfect for someone like me... I love trying out new products. Looking forward to trying out the SKii Facial Essence :)
    Thanks for posting the original offer on BH xx
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - the candle is gorgeous, it's only little but it smells wonderful, I keep it beside my bed and even when it's not lit I catch a whiff of it "out of the corner of my nose" lol

      Delete
  7. wow you got a really nice shade of nailpolish.
    I scored a pink one these are great value but I'm sort of collecting djs totes but never use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I end up chucking the tote bags in the cupboard and forgetting about them, but every now and then it's good to have a spare bag lying around!

      Delete
  8. I didn't like any of the polish shades when I had a quick look last Thursday, but it was five mins before DJ's closed, so I might make another trip to have a proper look soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent ages scrounging through every bag, I think they were ready to kick me out!

      Delete
  9. Another terrific review Cat - I think the bag this time is exceptional. The nearest DJ's is miles from where I am, but I'm heading back to my old town on Wednesday - it's too good to miss!

    ReplyDelete